ELECTRICAL ENGINEER I or II
Sugarpine Engineering is in beautiful Truckee, California, near Lake Tahoe, in the middle of some of the best outdoor recreation on the planet. Truckee is 10 minutes from skiing, hiking, biking, fly fishing, camping, SUP, off roading, and whatever else you can think of. Truckee is 30 minutes from the Rubicon Trail, Reno and 3 hours from San Francisco.
Position General Information:
- Full time, salaried, exempt status.
- Industry: Construction, Facilities.
- Level: Engineer I or II.
- Job Type: Building Systems and Facilities Electrical Engineering.
- Competitive salary, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, healthcare reimbursement, retirement plan with company match.
- Computer and software provided. Stipend provided for use of personal phone and home internet.
- Bachelor of Science; Electrical Engineering.
- 2+ years working in electrical engineering. Building systems engineering is preferred, but we are willing to train a motivated and otherwise qualified candidate.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Fluency with electrical engineering principles and theory.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to use technology to attend online meetings (Zoom, Teams, GoToMeeting, WebEx, etc.).
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE/EIT) certification, or ability to obtain it within the first year.
- Experienced with and trained in AutoCAD and Revit is a strongly desired, but we will train an otherwise qualified applicant who has other CAD experience.
- Experience with MS Teams is a plus.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro/DC editing is a plus.
- Assists with the preparation of design drawings; lighting and power systems design, electrical equipment layouts, panel schedules, device layouts, calculations, single line diagrams, and written specifications.
- Performs project reviews, investigations, NEC calculations, photometric calculations, and Title 24 energy calculations.
- Organizes details of construction drawings, responds to contractor questions, reviews submittals, and performs other construction contract administration.
- Conducts quality control checks of construction documents.
- Coordinates with the Sugarpine Team of engineers, as well as our clients, architects, structural, civil engineers, contractors, and other parties.
- Work under the supervision of a Senior Electrical Engineer.
- Be a strong teammate with integrity and a desire to help us produce quality work and continue as a strong team.
- Be reliable with good time and task management, in and out of office.
- Be able to learn while working, independently and quickly. Share knowledge back to our team.
- Project a positive image to peers, clients, and the community in which we live. Uphold the firm’s positive reputation.
Execute, complete, and follow through on tasks and assignments.
Coordinate and communicate with internal team members and clients.
- Use AutoCAD and Revit to produce designs. Use MS Office, Acrobat, and email to produce documents and transmit correspondence.
Travel in USA only, mostly local, some travel is required.
- Keep company and personal electronic devices updated and free of malware.
- Keep company and client information confidential.
- Other tasks, travel, stress, fun, or chaos as may be required.